You're going to travel to Wales and you don't know if your electric devices (your computer, mobile phone, battery charger...) will be able to work there?
To know if you need a travel plug adapter to go to Wales , you have to consider 3 things : the shape of the plugs, the voltage and the frequency of the current delivered by electrical outlets in Wales .
Here are the shape of the sockets in Wales , and the the types of plugs used in Wales :
If none of your usual plug is compatible, you should buy a travel adapter to be able to plug your electric devices in Wales (please visit our selection on Amazon for more details).
The type of electrical outlets used in Wales is the British Standard BS 1363, commonly known as the 13-amp three-pin plug. This type of plug has three rectangular pins in a triangular formation. The voltage in Wales is 230 volts, and the frequency is 50 Hz.
To charge the battery of your phone or computer in Wales, you can follow these steps:
1. Check the voltage and plug type: In Wales, the standard voltage is 230 volts, and the power plugs and sockets used are of type G. If your charger supports this voltage and plug type, you can proceed.
2. Adapter or converter: If your charger does not have a type G plug, you will need a travel adapter to convert the plug type. Make sure the adapter can handle the voltage of 230 volts to prevent any damage to your device.
3. Find power outlets: Look for power outlets in your accommodation, coffee shops, libraries, or other public places. Wales generally has power outlets located on walls, often with switches to turn them on or off.
4. Plug in your charger: Insert your charger into the power outlet. Make sure it fits snugly and securely. If you are using a travel adapter, plug your charger into the adapter first, and then insert the adapter into the power outlet.
5. Charging: Once your charger is connected, your device should start charging. You can check the battery icon or indicator on your device's screen to confirm it is charging.
6. Wait and monitor: Let your device charge until the battery reaches your desired level. While you wait, it's a good idea to keep an eye on your device and ensure it is charging properly.
7. Unplug and safely store: Once your device is fully charged, unplug the charger from the power outlet or adapter. Safely store your charger and adapter for future use.
Remember to be cautious while charging your devices and always use chargers and adapters that are compatible with the voltage and plug type in Wales to avoid damage or accidents.
When traveling to Wales, you will need to ensure that your power adapter is compatible with the plug types used in the country. The power plugs and sockets in Wales are of type G.
Type G power plugs are three rectangular pins in a triangular pattern, with the short prong acting as the ground. These plugs are commonly used in the United Kingdom, including Wales.
To use your electronic devices in Wales, you should buy a power adapter that supports type G plugs. Make sure the adapter is suitable for the voltage in Wales, which is 230 volts at a frequency of 50 Hz.
Additionally, it is advisable to check the power requirements of your specific electronic devices to ensure they are compatible with the Welsh power grid. Some devices may require voltage converters or transformers if they can only support a different voltage.
By purchasing a power adapter that supports type G plugs and meets the voltage requirements, you can safely and efficiently use your electronic devices during your trip to Wales.
The 20 largest cities in Wales are: