En poursuivant votre navigation sur ce site, vous acceptez que My Travel Adapter utilise des cookies pour comptabiliser le nombre de visites et afficher des liens personnalisés (en savoir plus).


United Kingdom United Kingdom power plug : do I need a travel adapter?

You're going to travel to United Kingdom and you don't know if your electric devices (your computer, mobile phone, battery charger...) will be able to work there?

To know if you need a travel plug adapter to go to United Kingdom, you have to consider 3 things : the shape of the plugs, the voltage and the frequency of the current delivered by electrical outlets in United Kingdom.

Electrical outlets (sockets) and plugs used in United Kingdom

Here are the shape of the sockets in United Kingdom, and the the types of plugs used in United Kingdom :

electrical socket type G in United Kingdom
type G

plug type g  

If none of your usual plug is compatible, you should buy a universal travel adapter to be able to plug your electric devices (please visit our selection on Amazon for details).

best travel adapters

Voltage and frequency in United Kingdom

Voltage : 230 V
Frequency : 50 Hz