You're going to travel to Syria and you don't know if your electric devices (your computer, mobile phone, battery charger...) will be able to work there?
To know if you need a travel plug adapter to go to Syria, you have to consider 3 things : the shape of the plugs, the voltage and the frequency of the current delivered by electrical outlets in Syria.
Here are the shape of the sockets in Syria, and the the types of plugs used in Syria :
If none of your usual plug is compatible, you should buy a travel adapter to be able to plug your electric devices in Syria (please visit our selection on Amazon for more details).
The type of electrical outlets used in Syria is the Type C and Type E sockets.
Type C outlets, also known as Europlugs, consist of two round pins. These are commonly used for devices with low power consumption such as mobile chargers and laptops.
Type E outlets, also known as French plugs, have two round pins along with an additional hole for a grounding pin. These outlets are typically used for devices that require higher power consumption like refrigerators and air conditioners.
The current in Syria is 220-240 volts at a frequency of 50 hertz.
Charging your phone or computer in Syria is similar to charging them in most other countries. You can follow these steps:
1. Check the power voltage: In Syria, the power voltage used is 220V. Make sure your charger or charging adapter supports this voltage. Most modern chargers and devices are designed to work with a wide range of voltages (e.g., 100-240V), so you may only need a plug adapter.
2. Get a plug adapter: Depending on the type of plug used in your country, you may need a plug adapter to fit the Syrian electrical outlets. In Syria, the plugs are Type C, E, and L. Obtain the suitable adapter for your device's plug type.
3. Find electrical outlets: Once you have the correct adapter, locate electrical outlets in your accommodation or public places like cafes, airports, or malls. Keep in mind that different places might have different types of outlets, so it's good to have multiple adapters or a universal adapter.
4. Plug in your charger: Connect your charger or charging cable to the electrical outlet using the plug adapter. Ensure it fits securely and the connection is stable.
5. Charge your device: Connect the other end of the charger or charging cable to your phone or computer. The charging process should start automatically. Ensure your device is receiving power by checking the battery icon or indicator.
6. Leave it to charge: Let your device charge until the battery reaches the desired level. You can use your device while charging, but it may slow down the charging process.
Some additional tips:
- Carry a power bank: If you're frequently on the go or unsure about the availability of electrical outlets, having a power bank can be handy. Charge it beforehand and use it as a portable battery backup for your phone or computer.
- Respect electrical safety: Ensure that the electrical outlets and chargers are in good condition. Avoid overloading outlets, and don't leave your device charging unattended for prolonged periods, especially overnight. Safety should always be a priority.
By following these steps, you should be able to charge your phone or computer in Syria without any issues. Enjoy your stay!
When it comes to buying a power adapter for use in Syria, there are several factors to consider. Firstly, the electrical voltage used in Syria is 220V, with a frequency of 50Hz. So, it's essential to select a power adapter that is compatible with these specifications.
In terms of plug types, Syria mostly uses two different types of plugs, namely Type C and Type F. Type C plugs have two round pins, while Type F plugs have two round pins with two earth clips on the sides.
Therefore, to ensure compatibility, it is advisable to purchase a power adapter that supports both Type C and Type F plugs and can handle the 220V voltage and 50Hz frequency. This will guarantee that your electronic devices can be safely connected to the power supply in Syria.
Many universal power adapters are available in the market that meet these requirements. They typically come with various interchangeable plugs for different countries, including Syria. Before purchasing, make sure to check the product specifications to confirm compatibility with Syrian outlets.
It is always wise to have a reliable power adapter while traveling to any foreign country to ensure a hassle-free experience and to prevent any damage to your devices due to electrical incompatibility. So, choose a reputable brand and make your purchase accordingly.
6. Deir ez-Zor
20. Maarat al-Numaan