You're going to travel to Sweden and you don't know if your electric devices (your computer, mobile phone, battery charger...) will be able to work there?
To know if you need a travel plug adapter to go to Sweden, you have to consider 3 things : the shape of the plugs, the voltage and the frequency of the current delivered by electrical outlets in Sweden.
Here are the shape of the sockets in Sweden, and the the types of plugs used in Sweden :
If none of your usual plug is compatible, you should buy a travel adapter to be able to plug your electric devices in Sweden (please visit our selection on Amazon for more details).
The electrical outlets in Sweden, like most of Europe, are of Type C and Type F. Type C outlets have two round pins, while Type F outlets have two round pins with a grounding pin.
The standard voltage in Sweden is 230V with a frequency of 50Hz. The current used in Sweden is Alternating Current (AC).
To charge the battery of your phone or computer in Sweden, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Find a power outlet: Look for a power outlet or socket in your vicinity. Most Swedish houses, hotels, and public places have power outlets available for use.
2. Plug in your charger: Connect the charging cable of your phone or computer to the power adapter (if you have one), and then plug it into the power outlet. Make sure the charger is properly inserted into the socket.
3. Check the voltage: Sweden uses a standard voltage of 230 volts and a frequency of 50 Hz. Ensure that your charger or power adapter supports this voltage range. Most modern chargers are designed to be compatible with a wide range of voltages, but it's always a good idea to check.
4. Charging adapters: In case your charger has a different plug type than the power outlets in Sweden, you might need a travel adapter. These adapters allow you to plug your charger into different types of power outlets. You can buy travel adapters from local electronic stores or online retailers.
5. Monitor charging progress: Once you have successfully connected your device to the power source, keep an eye on the charging progress. Your phone or computer should display a charging icon or indicator. Depending on the battery capacity, it may take some time to fully charge.
Following these steps will help you charge your phone or computer battery easily in Sweden. Enjoy your stay!
You should buy a power adapter for Sweden that supports Type C or Type F plugs.
Type C plugs have two round pins, while Type F plugs have two round pins with two earth clips on the side.
Make sure the power adapter is compatible with your electronic devices and has the necessary voltage and current ratings for safe usage in Sweden.
The 20 largest cities in Sweden, in order of population size, are:
Please note that this list is based on population size and may change over time.