You're going to travel to Spain and you don't know if your electric devices (your computer, mobile phone, battery charger...) will be able to work there?
To know if you need a travel plug adapter to go to Spain, you have to consider 3 things : the shape of the plugs, the voltage and the frequency of the current delivered by electrical outlets in Spain.
Here are the shape of the sockets in Spain, and the the types of plugs used in Spain :
If none of your usual plug is compatible, you should buy a travel adapter to be able to plug your electric devices in Spain (please visit our selection on Amazon for more details).
The type of electrical outlets commonly used in Spain is the European standard Type F outlets. These outlets have two round pins and are compatible with appliances that use 230V current.
To charge the battery of your phone or computer in Spain, you will typically need to follow these steps:
1. Check the voltage and plug type: Ensure that your device supports the voltage range in Spain, which is typically 220-240V. Additionally, Spain uses a 2-pin plug type known as "Europlug" (Type C) or the Schuko plug (Type F).
2. Get a power adapter: If your device's plug is different from the Spanish plug type, you will need a power adapter. You can purchase one from electronics or travel stores, or you may find them at the airport or your accommodation.
3. Use a universal adapter: If you are traveling from a country with a different plug type, using a universal adapter will be convenient, as it can adapt to various plug types, including the Spanish one.
4. Locate power outlets: In Spain, power outlets are commonly found on the wall near the ground. Look for the outlet that matches your plug type or the universal adapter.
5. Connect and charge: Plug your charger into the power outlet, and then connect the charging cable to your phone or computer. Ensure that the charging indicator appears on your device, indicating that it's receiving power.
It's always recommended to double-check the specific charging requirements and instructions provided by the manufacturer of your device to ensure proper charging and avoid any potential damage.
If you are traveling to Spain and need to buy a power adapter, it is recommended to get a Type C or Type F adapter.
Type C adapters have two round pins and are commonly used in Spain. They are suitable for devices that have an input voltage ranging from 220V to 240V.
Type F adapters also have two round pins but with two additional grounding clips on the side. These adapters are compatible with Type C plugs as well. Type F adapters are designed for devices with an input voltage of 220V to 240V.
Before purchasing an adapter, make sure to check the voltage and plug type of your electronic devices to ensure compatibility. It is also advisable to consult with the manufacturer or refer to the device's user manual for any specific requirements.
Here is a list of the 20 largest cities in Spain:
Please note that this list is based on city populations and may vary depending on the source and the criteria used for measurement.