You're going to travel to Mauritania and you don't know if your electric devices (your computer, mobile phone, battery charger...) will be able to work there?
To know if you need a travel plug adapter to go to Mauritania, you have to consider 3 things : the shape of the plugs, the voltage and the frequency of the current delivered by electrical outlets in Mauritania.
Here are the shape of the sockets in Mauritania, and the the types of plugs used in Mauritania :
If none of your usual plug is compatible, you should buy a travel adapter to be able to plug your electric devices in Mauritania (please visit our selection on Amazon for more details).
The type of electrical outlets in Mauritania is Type C, also known as the Europlug. This type of outlet has two round pins and operates on a current of 230V with a frequency of 50Hz. It is important to note that some outlets may also accept Type E and Type F plugs, which have additional grounding pins.
To charge the battery of your phone or computer in Mauritania, you can follow these steps:
1. Check the voltage: In Mauritania, the standard voltage is 220V, so ensure that your device supports this voltage. Most modern devices are compatible with a wide range of voltages, but it's always good to double-check.
2. Purchase an adapter: If your charger plug doesn't match the Mauritanian electrical outlets, you will need a power adapter. Look for a universal travel adapter that works with different plug types. These adapters can often be found at electronics stores or online.
3. Find the right socket: Locate an electrical socket in your accommodation or a public place. In Mauritania, the power sockets generally have two round prongs. Insert the plug of your adapter into the socket, ensuring a secure connection.
4. Connect your device: Take the charging cable for your phone or computer and plug it into your device. Connect the other end of the cable to the adapter or directly to the plug if it's compatible with Mauritanian sockets.
5. Begin charging: Once all the connections are secure, the charging process will start automatically. You can monitor the charging progress on your device's screen. It's recommended to leave your device connected until it reaches full charge to maximize battery life.
Remember to always keep an eye on your device while it's charging and avoid leaving it unattended. Also, be cautious when using public charging stations and ensure that they are trustworthy to protect your device from potential security risks.
When buying a power adapter for Mauritania, it is important to consider the country's electrical standards. Mauritania uses the Type C and Type E power sockets.
Type C outlets have two round pins and an input voltage of 220V. These sockets are similar to those found in many European countries.
Type E outlets, on the other hand, also have two round pins but are grounded with an input voltage of 220V. They are commonly used in France and other European countries.
Therefore, when purchasing a power adapter for Mauritania, make sure it is compatible with Type C and Type E outlets. Additionally, ensure that the adapter supports an input voltage of 220V. This will ensure that you can safely plug in and use your electronic devices during your visit to Mauritania.