You're going to travel to Luxembourg and you don't know if your electric devices (your computer, mobile phone, battery charger...) will be able to work there?
To know if you need a travel plug adapter to go to Luxembourg, you have to consider 3 things : the shape of the plugs, the voltage and the frequency of the current delivered by electrical outlets in Luxembourg.
Here are the shape of the sockets in Luxembourg, and the the types of plugs used in Luxembourg :
If none of your usual plug is compatible, you should buy a travel adapter to be able to plug your electric devices in Luxembourg (please visit our selection on Amazon for more details).
The type of electrical outlets used in Luxembourg is Type C and Type F.
Type C outlets are two round pins, while Type F outlets are two round pins with an additional earth pin. Most outlets in Luxembourg are compatible with both types.
The voltage in Luxembourg is 230V, and the frequency is 50Hz.
To charge the battery of your phone or computer in Luxembourg, you can follow these steps:
1. Check the power socket type: In Luxembourg, the standard power socket type is Type C. It has two round pins. However, some places might also have Type E sockets, which have two round pins and an additional grounding pin.
2. Get a suitable power adapter: If your charger plug does not match the Luxembourg power socket, you will need a power adapter. Make sure to get an adapter that matches the socket type of your device.
3. Check the voltage compatibility: Luxembourg's standard voltage is 230V. If your phone or computer charger supports this voltage, you won't need a voltage converter. However, if your charger is designed for a different voltage, you will need a voltage converter to avoid damaging your device.
4. Connect your charger: Plug your charger into the power adapter if needed, then plug the adapter into the power socket. Ensure it fits securely.
5. Start charging: Connect your phone or computer to the charger and turn on the power supply. Your device should start charging. Pay attention to any charging indicators on your device to confirm it is receiving power.
6. Monitor the charging process: Keep an eye on your device while it charges. Avoid leaving it unattended for long periods and ensure it is not overheating. Once the battery is sufficiently charged, you can disconnect the charger.
Remember, these steps should help you charge your phone or computer in Luxembourg safely. If you encounter any difficulties or have specific concerns, it is advisable to consult the user manual of your device or seek assistance from technical support.
When purchasing a power adapter for Luxembourg, it is recommended to choose a Type C power adapter.
Type C power adapters are commonly used in Luxembourg and have two round pins. These adapters can be used for devices that are compatible with 230 volts and operate at a frequency of 50Hz.
Make sure to check the voltage and frequency requirements of your specific devices before purchasing a power adapter. It is also advisable to look for a reliable adapter that meets international safety standards to ensure the protection of your devices while in use.
1. Luxembourg City