You're going to travel to Holland and you don't know if your electric devices (your computer, mobile phone, battery charger...) will be able to work there?
To know if you need a travel plug adapter to go to Holland, you have to consider 3 things : the shape of the plugs, the voltage and the frequency of the current delivered by electrical outlets in Holland.
Here are the shape of the sockets in Holland, and the the types of plugs used in Holland :
If none of your usual plug is compatible, you should buy a travel adapter to be able to plug your electric devices in Holland (please visit our selection on Amazon for more details).
The type of electrical outlets and current in Holland is as follows:
- The type of electrical outlets commonly used in Holland is Type C and Type F.
- Type C outlets have two round pins and are rated for a maximum current of 2.5 amps.
- Type F outlets have two round pins with two grounding clips on the sides and are rated for a maximum current of 16 amps.
It is important to note that while the voltage in Holland is 230 volts, which is different from some other countries, such as the United States and Canada where the voltage is 120 volts. So, if you are traveling from such countries, you may need a voltage converter or transformer to safely use your electrical devices in Holland.
In Holland, you can charge the battery of your phone or computer in multiple ways. Here are a few options:
1. Use a wall charger: Most electronic devices come with a wall charger that converts the electrical current from the wall socket into a suitable power level for your device. Simply plug the charger into a wall socket, connect the charging cable to your phone or computer, and let it charge.
2. USB charging: If you don't have access to a wall socket, you can charge your device using a USB port. Many public places, such as airports, cafes, and libraries, provide USB charging stations where you can plug in your device and charge it. Additionally, most computers have USB ports that can be used for charging.
3. Portable power banks: If you're on the go or don't have access to a power source, a portable power bank can come in handy. These portable devices have built-in batteries that can store electrical energy. You can charge the power bank prior to your trip and then connect your phone or computer to it to charge.
Remember to use the appropriate charging cables and adapters specific to your device. It's always a good idea to carry the necessary chargers and power banks with you to ensure you can charge your device whenever needed.
The power adapter you should buy for Holland depends on the type of plugs and voltage used in the country. Holland, also known as the Netherlands, uses Type C and Type F plugs.
Type C plugs have two round pins, while Type F plugs have two round pins with two earth clips on the sides. Therefore, you should consider purchasing a power adapter that is compatible with these plug types.
In terms of voltage, Holland uses a standard voltage of 230 volts, with a frequency of 50 Hz. Therefore, make sure the power adapter you choose can handle this voltage and frequency.
It's always a good idea to check with your device's manufacturer to ensure compatibility and safety. Additionally, you can find suitable power adapters for Holland online or in electronics stores.
Here are the 20 largest cities in Holland: