En poursuivant votre navigation sur ce site, vous acceptez que My Travel Adapter utilise des cookies pour comptabiliser le nombre de visites et afficher des liens personnalisés (en savoir plus).


Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK) power plug : do I need a travel adapter?

You're going to travel to Great Britain (UK) and you don't know if your electric devices (your computer, mobile phone, battery charger...) will be able to work there?

To know if you need a travel plug adapter to go to Great Britain (UK), you have to consider 3 things : the shape of the plugs, the voltage and the frequency of the current delivered by electrical outlets in Great Britain (UK).

Electrical outlets (sockets) and plugs used in Great Britain (UK)

Here are the shape of the sockets in Great Britain (UK), and the the types of plugs used in Great Britain (UK) :

electrical socket type G in Great Britain (UK)
type G

plug type g  

If none of your usual plug is compatible, you should buy a universal travel adapter to be able to plug your electric devices (please visit our selection on Amazon for details).

best travel adapters

Voltage and frequency in Great Britain (UK)

Voltage : 230 V
Frequency : 50 Hz