en français in english auf Deutsch en español in italiano
choose another country

travel adapters :

best travel adapters for England  (UK)

England  (UK) England (UK) electrical outlets : do I need a travel adapter?

If you go to United Kingdom, you'll need a travel adapter because they are the only country to use type G electric plugs! Whether you go to England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, you'll find these type of plugs. But don't worry, lots of shops sell plug adapters so it's really easy to find one.

Note that some hotels provides universal plugs.

To know if you need a travel plug adapter to go to England (UK), you have to consider 3 things : the shape of the plugs, the voltage and the frequency of the current delivered by electrical outlets in England (UK).

Electrical outlets (sockets) and plugs used in England (UK)

Here are the shape of the sockets in England (UK), and the the types of plugs used in England (UK) :

electrical outlet socket type G in England  (UK)
type G

plug type g  

Plug adapter for England (UK)

If none of your usual plug is compatible, you should buy a travel adapter to be able to plug your electric devices in England (UK) (please visit our selection on Amazon for more details).

best travel adapters for england-uk-

Prepare your travel to enjoy your stay in England (UK)

What is the type of electrical outlets and current in England (UK)?

In England (UK), the type of electrical outlets used is called the BS 1363 (British Standard 1363) or commonly known as UK three-pin plugs. These plugs have three rectangular pins in a triangular pattern.

The standard voltage in the UK is 230 volts, and the frequency is 50 hertz. The maximum current that can be drawn from a UK power outlet is typically 13 amps.

How can I charge the battery of my phone or computer in England (UK)?

Charging the battery of your phone or computer in England (UK) is quite simple. You will need the following:

  1. An adapter plug suitable for the UK - Since the UK uses a different type of electrical plug (Type G) compared to other countries, you will need a plug adapter that can convert your device's plug into the UK standard. This adapter is readily available in most electronic stores or online.
  2. A charging cable - Make sure you have the appropriate charging cable that is compatible with your phone or computer. Most devices nowadays use universal USB cables for charging.
  3. A power source - You can charge your device using the mains power supply in the UK. Simply plug the adapter into the wall socket and connect your device using the charging cable.

Once you have all the necessary components, follow these steps to charge your device:

  1. Insert the adapter plug into the wall socket. Ensure it is securely connected to the power supply.
  2. Connect the charging cable to the adapter. Make sure it is properly inserted into the adapter.
  3. Connect the other end of the charging cable to your device's charging port. Again, ensure it is properly connected.
  4. Turn on the power supply (if necessary) by flipping the switch or pressing the button on the adapter.
  5. Your device should now start charging. You can monitor the charging progress on your device's screen.
  6. Wait until your device reaches the desired battery level, then unplug the charging cable from your device and the wall socket.

Remember to always use genuine chargers and cables to ensure safety and optimal charging performance for your device.

Following these steps will help you charge the battery of your phone or computer in England (UK).

Which power adapter should I buy for England (UK)?

You should buy a power adapter that is compatible with the power outlets in England (UK). In the UK, the power sockets have standard voltage of 230V and a frequency of 50Hz. The type of plug used in England is the BS 1363, which has three rectangular pins.

When purchasing a power adapter, make sure it is designed for use in the UK and can handle the voltage and frequency mentioned above. You can find a variety of power adapters specifically made for UK travel, which will allow you to plug in and use your devices safely and conveniently.

What are the 20 largest cities in England (UK)?

Here is a list of the 20 largest cities in England (UK):

  1. London
  2. Birmingham
  3. Manchester
  4. Leeds
  5. Newcastle upon Tyne
  6. Sheffield
  7. Bristol
  8. Liverpool
  9. Southampton
  10. Nottingham
  11. Leicester
  12. Stoke-on-Trent
  13. Bradford
  14. Coventry
  15. Plymouth
  16. Wolverhampton
  17. Derby
  18. Swansea
  19. Southend-on-Sea
  20. Sunderland