You're going to travel to Cyprus and you don't know if your electric devices (your computer, mobile phone, battery charger...) will be able to work there?
To know if you need a travel plug adapter to go to Cyprus, you have to consider 3 things : the shape of the plugs, the voltage and the frequency of the current delivered by electrical outlets in Cyprus.
Here are the shape of the sockets in Cyprus, and the the types of plugs used in Cyprus :
If none of your usual plug is compatible, you should buy a travel adapter to be able to plug your electric devices in Cyprus (please visit our selection on Amazon for more details).
In Cyprus, the type of electrical outlets commonly used is the Type G socket.
The standard voltage is 240 V, and the frequency is 50 Hz.
To charge the battery of your phone or computer in Cyprus, you can follow the below steps:
1. Check the Voltage: Cyprus operates on a standard voltage of 240 volts. Before plugging in your device, ensure that it supports this voltage. Most modern electronic devices like smartphones and laptops support a wide range of voltages, but it's always a good idea to double-check the specifications.
2. Power Adapters: Cyprus uses Type G power sockets, which have three rectangular prongs. If your charger's plug doesn't match this socket type, you'll need a power adapter. You can purchase a power adapter from a local electronics store or airport kiosks.
3. Power Converters: If your device doesn't support the 240-volt voltage used in Cyprus, you'll need a power converter. A power converter will convert the voltage from 240 volts to match your device's requirements. Make sure to get a converter that meets your device's wattage needs.
4. Charging Ports: Once you have the correct power adapter and/or converter, simply plug your device's charger into the power socket. Ensure that the charger is securely connected.
5. Charging Time: The time it takes to charge your device will depend on its battery capacity, charger output, and usage during charging. Most devices display a battery icon that shows the charging progress. It's recommended to leave your device connected until it reaches a full charge to ensure maximum battery life.
Remember, always exercise caution when dealing with electricity and follow the manufacturer's instructions for charging your specific device. If you are unsure or have any concerns, consult the device's user manual or contact the manufacturer for further assistance.
You will need to buy a power adapter that is compatible with Cyprus. Cyprus uses Type G electrical sockets, which have three rectangular pins in a triangular pattern. Therefore, you should look for a power adapter with a Type G plug.
The 20 largest cities in Cyprus are:
8. Ayia Napa
10. Polis Chrysochous
16. Agios Athanasios
20. Kato Polemidia