You're going to travel to Colombia and you don't know if your electric devices (your computer, mobile phone, battery charger...) will be able to work there?
To know if you need a travel plug adapter to go to Colombia, you have to consider 3 things : the shape of the plugs, the voltage and the frequency of the current delivered by electrical outlets in Colombia.
Here are the shape of the sockets in Colombia, and the the types of plugs used in Colombia :
If none of your usual plug is compatible, you should buy a travel adapter to be able to plug your electric devices in Colombia (please visit our selection on Amazon for more details).
Charging your phone or computer in Colombia is similar to charging them in any other country. You will need the following:
1. Power adapter: Check the voltage and plug type used in Colombia to ensure compatibility with your device. In Colombia, the standard voltage is 110-120V, and the plug type is typically Type A or Type B.
2. Power converter (if required): If your device's power adapter is not compatible with the voltage in Colombia (220-240V), you will need a power converter to avoid damaging your device.
3. USB cable or charging cable: Ensure you have the appropriate USB cable or charging cable for your phone or computer.
Once you have these items, follow these steps to charge your device:
1. Plug the power adapter into a wall socket. If you are using a power converter, connect it to the wall socket first.
2. Connect the USB cable or charging cable to your phone or computer.
3. Connect the other end of the cable to the power adapter.
4. Ensure the wall socket has power by checking if other devices can be charged from it.
5. Once connected, your device should start charging. You can check the battery icon or percentage on your device's screen to monitor the charging progress.
Remember to unplug your device once it's fully charged to avoid overcharging and conserve energy.
It's important to note that access to power outlets may vary depending on your location in Colombia. In hotels, hostels, and most public places, you will easily find power outlets to charge your devices. However, it's always a good idea to carry a portable power bank for emergencies or when you are on the go.
The power adapter you should buy for Colombia depends on the type of plug used in that country. Colombia uses type A and type B plugs.
Type A plugs have two flat parallel pins, while type B plugs have two flat parallel pins and a grounding pin. Type B plugs are used for appliances that require grounding, such as laptops and desktop computers.
If your device has a different type of plug, you will need to purchase a power adapter that is compatible with type A or type B plugs, depending on your device's requirements.
It is always recommended to check the voltage and frequency of your device to ensure it is compatible with the power supply in Colombia. The voltage in Colombia is 110-120V, and the frequency is 60Hz.
When purchasing a power adapter, make sure it is a reliable and certified product to ensure your safety and the proper functioning of your devices.
Here are the 20 largest cities in Colombia:
9. Santa Marta