En poursuivant votre navigation sur ce site, vous acceptez que My Travel Adapter utilise des cookies pour comptabiliser le nombre de visites et afficher des liens personnalisés (en savoir plus).


Canada Canada power plug : do I need a travel adapter?

If you go to Canada, you will probably need a travel adapter because they use a specific type of plug (the same as the US). Whether you go to the West of Canada (Yukon, Alberta, Vancouver, ...) or the East (Ontario, Québec, Toronto, Montreal...), you'll find the plugs of type B in Canada.

If you don't come from the United States, you'll probably need a plug adapter to use your electric devices in Canada.

Be careful : the frequency is 60Hz, and the voltage 110 V.

To know if you need a travel plug adapter to go to Canada, you have to consider 3 things : the shape of the plugs, the voltage and the frequency of the current delivered by electrical outlets in Canada.

Electrical outlets (sockets) and plugs used in Canada

Here are the shape of the sockets in Canada, and the the types of plugs used in Canada :

electrical socket type B in Canada
type B

plug type a  plug type b  

If none of your usual plug is compatible, you should buy a universal travel adapter to be able to plug your electric devices (please visit our selection on Amazon for details).

best travel adapters

Voltage and frequency in Canada

Voltage : 120 V
Frequency : 60 Hz