You're going to travel to Cameroon and you don't know if your electric devices (your computer, mobile phone, battery charger...) will be able to work there?
To know if you need a travel plug adapter to go to Cameroon, you have to consider 3 things : the shape of the plugs, the voltage and the frequency of the current delivered by electrical outlets in Cameroon.
Here are the shape of the sockets in Cameroon, and the the types of plugs used in Cameroon :
If none of your usual plug is compatible, you should buy a travel adapter to be able to plug your electric devices in Cameroon (please visit our selection on Amazon for more details).
The type of electrical outlets used in Cameroon is Type C and Type E. Type C outlets have two round pins, while Type E outlets have two round pins with an additional grounding pin.
The current used in Cameroon is 220-240 volts AC at a frequency of 50 hertz.
Charging the battery of your phone or computer in Cameroon is quite simple. Here are the steps you can follow:
1. Check the power voltage and plug type: Before charging your device, make sure to check the power voltage and plug type used in Cameroon. Cameroon typically uses a power voltage of 220-240 volts at a frequency of 50 Hz. The plug type used is the European two-pin plug (Type C or Type E).
2. Use a power adapter: If your charger's plug is different from the ones used in Cameroon, you will need a power adapter. Get a suitable power adapter that can convert the voltage and convert the plug type to the one used in Cameroon.
3. Connect to a power source: Once you have the appropriate power adapter, connect it to your device's charger. Then, plug the charger into a power outlet in Cameroon. Make sure the power source is reliable and safe to avoid any electrical damage.
4. Let it charge: After connecting your device to the power source, leave it to charge. You can monitor the charging progress on your device's screen.
5. Unplug and disconnect: Once your phone or computer battery is adequately charged, unplug the charger from the power outlet and disconnect it from your device. Safely store your charger and power adapter for future use.
It is always recommended to use original chargers and adapters provided by the manufacturer to ensure the safety and longevity of your device's battery.
When it comes to buying a power adapter for Cameroon, it's important to consider the country's electrical standards. Cameroon typically uses Type C and Type E power sockets.
Type C power sockets have two round pins and are commonly found in European countries. On the other hand, Type E power sockets have two round pins and an additional hole for grounding, which is more common in France and other European countries.
Therefore, it is advisable to purchase a power adapter that is compatible with both Type C and Type E power sockets. This will ensure that you can plug in and use your electronic devices without any issues while in Cameroon.
The 20 largest cities in Cameroon are: