You're going to travel to Austria and you don't know if your electric devices (your computer, mobile phone, battery charger...) will be able to work there?
To know if you need a travel plug adapter to go to Austria, you have to consider 3 things : the shape of the plugs, the voltage and the frequency of the current delivered by electrical outlets in Austria.
Here are the shape of the sockets in Austria, and the the types of plugs used in Austria :
If none of your usual plug is compatible, you should buy a travel adapter to be able to plug your electric devices in Austria (please visit our selection on Amazon for more details).
The type of electrical outlets used in Austria is the Type F. This type of outlet has two round pins and is also known as the "Schuko" plug. It is compatible with plugs that have two round pins or with plugs that have two round pins with a grounding pin.
The standard voltage in Austria is 230 V, and the frequency is 50 Hz. The maximum current used is generally 16 Amps.
To charge the battery of your phone or computer in Austria, you can follow these steps:
1. Check the power adapter: Ensure that your device's power adapter is compatible with the Austrian electrical outlets. The standard voltage in Austria is 230 V, and the frequency is 50 Hz. If your device's power adapter supports this, you can proceed to the next step. Otherwise, you may need a voltage converter or adapter plug.
2. Get the right adapter plug: If your device's power adapter has a different plug type than the ones used in Austria, you'll need to get an adapter plug. These can be easily found at electronics stores, airports, or even some convenience stores.
3. Connect the power adapter: Plug the power adapter into a wall socket in Austria. Make sure it fits snugly and secure the connection.
4. Connect your device: Attach the charging cable to your phone or computer and connect it to the power adapter. Ensure that it is properly connected and charging.
5. Wait for the battery to charge: Depending on the device, the battery charging time may vary. Typically, a full charge can take several hours. You can check the battery icon on your device or refer to the manufacturer's instructions to monitor the charging progress.
6. Disconnect and use: After the battery is fully charged, disconnect your device from the power adapter and unplug the adapter from the wall socket. Your phone or computer should now have enough power to be used.
Note: It's always a good idea to use original or certified charging cables and adapters to ensure the safety and optimal charging of your devices.
If you are planning to visit Austria, you will need to purchase a power adapter as the country uses a different type of power plug. The standard voltage in Austria is 230 volts, and the frequency is 50 Hz.
The power plug used in Austria has two round pins. It is recommended to buy a Type C or Type F power adapter.
A Type C power adapter has two round pins and is commonly used in most European countries, including Austria. It is also known as the Europlug.
A Type F power adapter, also known as the Schuko plug, has two round pins with two earth clips on the sides. This type of adapter is commonly used in Germany and Austria.
Before purchasing a power adapter, make sure it is compatible with your devices and supports the voltage and frequency used in Austria.